Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
God of war 3
qmass
Queensland
9542 posts
Its a shame that this will almost certainly be banned because it looks f*****g amazing...

04:57am 02/11/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:57am 02/11/09 Permalink
Hashy
Newcastle, New South Wales
47 posts
its actually depressing how f*****g dull god of war's gameplay is relative to its astronomical production values and great attitude. i'd like to punch david jaffe in the mouth some time.
05:29am 02/11/09 Permalink
Tim Tibbetts
Brisbane, Queensland
2218 posts
its actually depressing how f*****g dull god of war's gameplay is relative to its astronomical production values and great attitude. i'd like to punch david jaffe in the mouth some time.

Your post is f*****g dull. God of War is great (or at least I remember it being great).
06:31am 02/11/09 Permalink
Hashy
Newcastle, New South Wales
48 posts
God of War has the most forgettable, unrewarding, shallow and detached combat system around. There is literally no reason to play it beyond the first 10 hour mash through the campaign; A string of admittedly epic set-pieces, interposed by brainless mash fests, quick time events masquerading as boss battles, and block-pushing puzzles.

To put it in 4chan-trickle-down QGL terms, "bad game is bad."
08:32am 02/11/09 Permalink
Resonate
Brisbane, Queensland
414 posts
If they try to release it here in it's current state then it's sure to be refused classification. I'll probably just import it.
09:38am 02/11/09 Permalink
Tim Tibbetts
Brisbane, Queensland
2219 posts
Yep, I will import it if it's censored, all PS3 games are region free so hurrah :)
10:12am 02/11/09 Permalink
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
2107 posts
I just got emailed a promo code to download the demo and try it out.

Not a bad game actually. I only played 2 recently and maybe it has dated but I found certain elements of the game were really fun, but others were pretty bad.

I tire of the quicktime events quickly. The whole PRES BUTAN style of gameplay doesn't do it for me (or in some cases, mash butan). I found the camera angles to be somewhat annoying in places as well.

All in all I don't think these aren't deal breakers. It's good action oriented fun imo.
11:19am 02/11/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8619 posts
bluray versions of district 9 will come with the gow3 demo.
11:27am 02/11/09 Permalink
Resonate
Brisbane, Queensland
415 posts
Really? I was going to get the blu-ray of district 9 regardless but that's just icing on the cake.
11:59am 02/11/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:59am 02/11/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.