Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Constructive Feedback
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
17149 posts
I know its long a point made before, and has been brought up before, but I figured I'd take another swing.

The Obes thread is a f*****g mess because of the local blowflies attracted to all the s***, so I created a new one.

The news posts constantly drive fresh user discussion below the fold. This, imo, is what actually hurt the forum the most.

[insert Prove Me Wrong meme guy]

Is this a problem? Can we fix it? Make it something to opt INTO?
09:05am 18/06/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:05am 18/06/21 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
8926 posts
Yeah Hoggy, you're not wrong.

Initially the thought was that we'd siphon the content we thought you'd be interested in commenting on, and we have a container for News ONLY (that doesn't appear in General) but as news ramped up, and events fed the General slew of News, we drowned out the place.

I'm going to see if we can't flick it back to how it was, it just might take a bit, but we do want to fix it.

And thanks for constructively bringing it to our attention :)
10:42am 18/06/21 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
8927 posts
Yeah Hoggy, you're not wrong.

Initially the thought was that we'd siphon the content we thought you'd be interested in commenting on, and we have a container for News ONLY (that doesn't appear in General) but as news ramped up, and events fed the General slew of News, we drowned out the place.

I'm going to see if we can't flick it back to how it was, it just might take a bit, but we do want to fix it.

And thanks for constructively bringing it to our attention :)

In saying all of that. We'll limit news invading General to 1-2 posts a week if it's something we think people might have an interest in commenting on, otherwise you may reclaim what is rightfully yours and all news from here on out will just live in the Latest News thread. Go in there and Comment on news though, helps the site with engagement :)
11:19am 18/06/21 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
17157 posts
Cheers dude, should be still some good stuff to come out of e3?

Will pop by and chuck in my 30 silver (? I think I'm mixing metaphors here), you don't have to ask me once :)
02:48pm 18/06/21 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
17179 posts
Feels like this is going a bit better? Not sure if you changed anything yet but it's nice to see lots of active threads above the fold, news or otherwise.

Whatever this is. Do that.
10:00pm 26/06/21 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
1019 posts
Bring lans back plz
10:39pm 03/07/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:39pm 03/07/21 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.