Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
The Best Games from E3 2021 - An AusGamers List
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
8266 posts
We went through the many, many showcases and presentations that made up this year’s E3 season and put together our list of the games that impressed us the most. Basically, everything we can’t wait to play.

A taste.

Forza Horizon 5

Stephen: What struck most with the Forza Horizon 5 reveal was just in how Xbox let the game do the talking. There was no fanfare, hype or countdown-esque build-up to an official unveiling of what is arguably the most impressive-looking new-gen game on the Series S|X yet. And if Microsoft had gone down that path, in seeing what Playground has crafted here, you wouldn’t have been able to scold them for it. But plonking this right in the thick of everything and just letting it breathe was a genius idea, and made the whole reveal more impactful.

What equally spoke to the strength of the new entry is that it wasn’t flash-in-the-pan, either. There was gameplay substance right from the outset which meant the mind was multitasking in trying to imagine what the game would offer when it’s out in the wild while trying to pick our jaws up off the floor. Horizon 5 was more than just a feast for the eyes, it was a saving grace.

Kosta: This was one of those classic E3 out of nowhere reveals. Based purely on the opening moments of the trailer, which showcased near-photo-real environments set south of the border, there was a distinct Red Dead Redemption 2 vibe. What could it be? From there we got a close-up of some fancy Italian sports car and the ‘what if’ became, ‘oh, this is Forza 7 or 8 or whatever’.

I’m not really a fan of racing sims so the sentiment quickly changed from restrained interest to sheer unbridled joy. And a “mama mia, this here be Forza Horizon 5!” thanks to the, err, Italian sports car still on screen. From the stunning visuals to the vast open-world to the fun multiplayer exploration, racing and activities, Horizon is the most exciting franchise in all of racing. And its next gen debut is looking tasty.

Head Here For The Best Games From E3 2021 - An AusGamers List
12:48pm 19/06/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:48pm 19/06/21 Permalink
trog
Other International
40166 posts
I remember when I would have been super excited for a new Battlefield game

I guess it stopped after BF2? Would love to see a remake of BF1942 but with dedicated servers and mods. Feels like there's a missed opportunity there for an indie game studio to re-imagine this franchise.

Pretty interested in AoE4 though.
08:29am 21/06/21 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
17164 posts
Seems like lots of people have a lot of nostalgia over 2142, was it much different to Planetside?

I think I was playing brood war at the time or something..
07:07am 22/06/21 Permalink
trog
Other International
40167 posts
I played a couple games of it way back at launch but never really got into it; I have vague recollections of thinking it was a bit Tribes-esque and the future setting stuff not really resonating with me for some reason. Dropped it super quickly in the end and never got back into it.

I played BF1942 obsessively and BF Vietnam only slightly less so. So much fun was had.
08:22am 22/06/21 Permalink
Tartanbeed
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
BF is not the same impression as it used to be. I remember the passion I had for BF3 and BF4, but now it's pure conveyor.
09:59pm 25/06/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:59pm 25/06/21 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.