Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
GTA V
Darkhawk
Melbourne, Victoria
27 posts
http://www.rockstargames.com/

It's legit, the trailer is being released on the 2nd of November (next Wednesday), which leaves a 36 hour window for us Aussies.

I'm guessing it's Liberty City again due to it not being "GTA: Insert city name here", but it'd be nice to see it have zones like San Andreas. Also note the "V" design, seems a bit bank note-ish.

Speculation begin!

AusGamers News Post:
Playing their usual hype-building strategy, Rockstar Games have announced the next addition to their hugely successful Grand Theft Auto franchise with a logo reveal for Grand Theft Auto V on their official website.

Timed suspiciously close the to the launch of an obvious competitor, the reveal also brings promise of a trailer debut trailer in a week's time on November 2nd 2011 (likely November 3rd for those of us Australia).

Nothing else is known about the game, but as with previous GTS titles, perhaps the logo offers a hint at the game's with some speculating that the US bank note like font indicates the game might server as a commentary on the modern global financial climate.

Stay tuned for more details as they break.
11:07pm 25/10/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
5800 posts
A squirrel told me it's San Andreas, only not the 3 cities like in the original, just the LA themed one
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6213 posts
A squirrel told me it's San Andreas, only not the 3 cities like in the original, just the LA themed one
That'd be Los Santos.
11:10pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Darkhawk
Melbourne, Victoria
28 posts
Actually the only things I want to know is whether us PC gamers are going to be getting it at least close to console release (where's RDR, I refuse to buy it unless it's on PC?!) and whether it'll be nerfed for "lower spec" machines.
11:12pm 25/10/11 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
3626 posts
I'll be happy if the game supports cards that have more than 2gb ram on it. Still can't play GTA4 over 25 fps even with a 6990.
11:15pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17616 posts
I hope its not San Andreas, that was by far my least favourite GTA :(
11:19pm 25/10/11 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
3627 posts
Yeah me too. Every second word was f*** or n***** and that just really turned me off. Only thing that San Andreas did right was that it had push bikes. BRING BACK THE PUSH BIKES! F*** they were awesome.

Ideally too there would be a language filter for the game to reduce the swearing. I'm not a fan of in-game swearing for some reason. Fine with it everywhere else but in games it really s**** me for some reason.
11:21pm 25/10/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3745 posts
nah, SA was way more fun than 4 imo, I had around 200 hours gameplay in SA compared to 22 hours in 4.

Personally I hope it's london, since that's the only city that hasn't been remade since the switch to 3d, but the logo resembles a US 5 dorrah bill.
11:25pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6214 posts
This thread reminded me to check up on the Vice City mod for GTAIV, looks like they've made a fair bit of progress:
11:32pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
7597 posts
I got bored before I even finished GTA4. Not going to bother with this "more of the same."
01:23am 26/10/11 Permalink
jum
Brisbane, Queensland
641 posts
looking forward to this. i enjoyed gta4 but i hope this one is more over the top and less realistic. would be cool to see london or vice city revisted
01:38am 26/10/11 Permalink
qmass
Queensland
10168 posts
A new vice city would be awesome... still the best game in the series IMO.
01:46am 26/10/11 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
209 posts
My first GTA was Vice City, I never played the previous ones. I don't think I could handle London....I would have to mute the voices lol......(pot kettle black, I know) What we can assume is that it is set somewhere in the US of A. I would also like a less realistic GTA, only a little though. We have Saints Row 3 for over the top sillyness. I hope the main character is not anything like Niko, I want a more.....less "oohh I did bad tings in teh war" sob story or something.
01:50am 26/10/11 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12339 posts
Wow. nicely timed announcement to take the wind out of the saints row 3 launch. Personally, I'm hoping it's neither of the previous cities. US has a bunch of other decent locales to emulate -- Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle or Texas spring to mind -- or maybe even like multiple international cities (but I don't think a whole game based on London, Paris or Amsterdam etc itself would work). Will be interesting to see what they land on.
05:57am 26/10/11 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
212 posts
I would not mind a China Town themed GTA, That reminds me I should play GTA China Town on my PSP or whatever.
06:42am 26/10/11 Permalink
ctd
UK
9688 posts
I'd like a London style one. Lock, stock and all that... plenty of material.
06:47am 26/10/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9631 posts
Yeah another hope for London, but i bet it'll be another n**** gangsta one. Sigh.

And i bet that the release date for PS3 et al will be Q1 2012 and PC will be Q4 2012.
07:55am 26/10/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
706 posts
Look at the V for the 5, looks pretty gangsta to me...
08:47am 26/10/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
3706 posts
I loved San Andreas, and the swearing didn't really bother me at all. But I absolutely loved Vice City. God did I have to much fun in that game. And the soundtrack! 70's and 80's was just pure bliss, especially Video Killed the Radio Star. Also rocking out on mopeds.
09:21am 26/10/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17622 posts
Yeah, I'd love another Vice City, that was probably my favourite too. But a London, Lock Stock style one would be awesome too.
09:24am 26/10/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
707 posts
They did a London in the old top down GTA series.
10:05am 26/10/11 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1253 posts
I hope they have some likable protagonists. I
11:30am 26/10/11 Permalink
Wrecktim
Brisbane, Queensland
770 posts
can't remember it's name but another game was set in london, i had it on the ps2, was good fun
11:31am 26/10/11 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3281 posts
They did a London in the old top down GTA series.

Yep, it was an expansion pack to the original GTA and it was awesome.
11:32am 26/10/11 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12349 posts
I hope they have some likable protagonists.
1000 times this. Tommy and CJ were ok enough characters to allow you to enjoy their rise to metropolis megalomaniacs, but Niko was completely and utterly unlikeable... so pissweak and irritating even without the cousin Roman factor.
11:34am 26/10/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17623 posts
can't remember it's name but another game was set in london, i had it on the ps2, was good fun

The Getaway, yeah, it wasn't bad
11:34am 26/10/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
3710 posts
1000 times this. Tommy and CJ were ok enough characters to allow you to enjoy their rise to metropolis megalomaniacs, but Niko was completely and utterly unlikeable... so pissweak and irritating even without the cousin Roman factor.

HEY NIKOOOO, WANNA GO BOWLINNNNG?!
12:06pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
710 posts
Rockstar has officially announced Grand Theft Auto V.

The latest title in the multimillion-selling crime adventure series has no official release date as yet, but the publisher is promising a teaser trailer on 2 November.

No console platforms have been mentioned either, leading to speculation that GTA 5 may not arrive until the next generation of Xbox and PlayStation machines. However, the game is almost certain to have been in development for at least two years, meaning a late 2012 release is not out of the question.

The Grand Theft Auto series has sold 115m units since the first title arrived in 1997, making it one of the biggest game franchises in the world. The last instalment, Grand Theft Auto IV, has alone shipped more than 22m units since its launch in 2008.

For the last year, gaming news sites have been speculating wildly over the possible setting for GTA V. In March, Rockstar's parent company Take-Two held acting auditions for an unnamed project, the casting call for which provided details for a selection of characters, including mobsters, movie agents and wannabe starlets – suggesting to sites such as Kotaku, a possible Hollywood setting for GTA V, although Rockstar did not comment on the casting session or on the nature of the project.

Certainly, the 2004 release, GTA: San Andreas featured an area named Vineland, heavily modelled on Hollywood. The series has also pastiched a number of films over its history, including Scarface and Boys in the Hood.

Interesting read, but all speculation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/25/gta-5-2012-release?newsfeed=true
12:57pm 26/10/11 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
721 posts
It should read GTA not GTS titles right?
12:59pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11765 posts
GTA V, Italian bank robberies?
12:59pm 26/10/11 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
4484 posts
did like the original GTA 1 and 2... for was ok, but this game has nothing to carmageddon!
01:06pm 26/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13603 posts
kotaku seems to think it will be set in los angeles and there will be more than one playable character.
01:33pm 26/10/11 Permalink
lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
3977 posts
Co-op option?

no co-op, no care.
01:52pm 26/10/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4678 posts
I'll be happy if the game supports cards that have more than 2gb ram on it. Still can't play GTA4 over 25 fps even with a 6990.

Ironic as s*** considering that the game runs at 25fps on a card with 512mb of vram due to it using f***tonns of vram.

My SLi 1.2gb (each) video cards run it awesome. Looks brilliant.
02:51pm 26/10/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3747 posts
Grand Theft Audio Visual?
03:12pm 26/10/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9640 posts
and there will be more than one playable character.
FINALLY

unless your main character is a super cool guy (flynn taggart etc), you need character selection. srsly, that bloody san andreas was almost unbearable with all the black n**** gangsta f*****ry.
04:00pm 26/10/11 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20039 posts
that bloody san andreas was almost unbearable with all the black n**** gangsta f*****ry.
Jesus christ.
04:02pm 26/10/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9642 posts
No i'm pretty sure his name was Carl Johnson

Jesus Christ was a wog jew
04:04pm 26/10/11 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1256 posts
FINALLY

unless your main character is a super cool guy (flynn taggart etc), you need character selection. srsly, that bloody san andreas was almost unbearable with all the black n**** gangsta f*****ry.

CJ was far more likable than Niko. I couldn't stand Niko.
04:05pm 26/10/11 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
519 posts
lol hardware.

I wasn't a huge fan of all of the 'baller gangsta' s*** in GTA:SA but I was a HUGE fan of the 'gang war' section of SA.

I am superkeen for a sequel. For overall bang for buck and gaming experience, I find it difficult to top the later GTA Franchise games.

as cool as multiple characters in the game would be, the biggest shortcoming in the game series I know of, is it's lacking multiplayer.

Improve the Multi (and co-op would be farkin JAWSOME) and a new city/character to know, and I will quite literally throw my wallet at the price tag...
04:06pm 26/10/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9644 posts
yeah fair enough butler carson, all them ethnic minorities are kind of stupid considering the average gamer is going to be a 16 year old white middle class play station snot
04:08pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
6579 posts
San andreas was the best GTA because of the black n**** african american homie top dawg gunit gangsta bawss ballin big gheto booty banging, hoe hatin terry tate pain train playa stuntin, real talk spitin, smack her with a d*** poke her in the eye chris rock comedic ill rhymin, chicken wing crunching watermelon munching kool aid sipin n' killin f*****ory, ever.
04:11pm 26/10/11 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20041 posts
Yeah I liked it too. Felt like I was a character in Boyz in the Hood a movie I love. I remember one of the early missions heading to the fried chicken store and then having a drive by shootout on the way back. Was gangsta as.
04:12pm 26/10/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9646 posts
you have me crying in laughter here fixah, wd&hf.
04:12pm 26/10/11 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
512 posts
GTA:Hamsterdam
05:41pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1606 posts
San Adreas was s***. It was just released at the height of the whole "yeah I'm a gangster wnnabe hip hop listenting f***** who's favourite movie is training day" phenomenon*

Vice City was and always will be how a GTA game should be done.

Edit* - beaten by Fixah, damn you! :P
07:06pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
6582 posts
Hey, i liked training day :(

Denzel Washington is so dreamy..
07:10pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Pirroh
Melbourne, Victoria
519 posts
So I don't feel like making a thread about it but Rockstar have upped the price of LA Noire on steam to $80.
08:08pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2004 posts
So I just watched this countdown go down to 0.... then it reset with 5 hours added on. All I wanna know is if GTA V will even be on PC.
10:02pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
3829 posts
So I just watched this countdown go down to 0.... then it reset with 5 hours added on. All I wanna know is if GTA V will even be on PC.

Haha, must of been set to desktop clock.
10:27pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Shaexen
Brisbane, Queensland
202 posts
Could anyone even understand Jacob in GTA 4? I'd be concentrating on driving and he'd just be yakking and yakking in his rasta bs accent and I could not for the f*****g life of me understand what the c*** was saying. "niko, ma bruddah .... .... . ... we ... ... ...kill .... .... avenue...... hurry ..... park around back"
10:29pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2005 posts
Yea I had issues understanding that stoner too.
10:31pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1252 posts

10:39pm 02/11/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4734 posts
Could anyone even understand Jacob in GTA 4? I'd be concentrating on driving and he'd just be yakking and yakking in his rasta bs accent and I could not for the f*****g life of me understand what the c*** was saying. "niko, ma bruddah .... .... . ... we ... ... ...kill .... .... avenue...... hurry ..... park around back"

wagwan is "What's going on" "wunlav" is one love, "oodboi" is rude boy, "noancatestme" is no one can test me, "Seen" is See what I mean? "an ting" is and stuff (thing?)..

PS: I liked GTA4, but i actually liked the ballard of gay tony much more than the original game. The main character in that was pretty likeable.

What I like about GTA4 is noone has those pussy moment where they go "Oh dear i can't believe mommy grew me up to be a killer, what am I doing with my life". they all pretty much just man up and be who they are.
10:43pm 02/11/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3762 posts
Yep, set in Los Angeles.

And the return of... PLANES!

No mention of release dates or platforms though.
03:07am 03/11/11 Permalink
Linker
Brisbane, Queensland
1487 posts
Wii U exclusive

Imagine if true..
03:12am 03/11/11 Permalink
Deviouz
Melbourne, Victoria
111 posts
03:17am 03/11/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2006 posts
03:30am 03/11/11 Permalink
Linker
Brisbane, Queensland
1488 posts
Gotta say, the graphics look incredible. They built a solid engine there with red dead too.
03:34am 03/11/11 Permalink
gozbarb
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
Just throwing it out there, i'm thinking the narrator is possibly Tommy Vercetti ala GTA Vice City
03:50am 03/11/11 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20073 posts
It's definitely not Ray Liotta's voice though.
06:25am 03/11/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4740 posts
Brilliant looking trailer.
06:45am 03/11/11 Permalink
kettels
Melbourne, Victoria
248 posts
the trailer looks amazing. Its nice and vibrant and does really well to get a mood/feeling across
08:06am 03/11/11 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
234 posts
The GFX look very polished, 570 should be able to handle it......if it even comes on PC.....
08:50am 03/11/11 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
1715 posts
Woot, 0:50 shows that semi trailers are back, alot of stupid fun was had in SA wuth them :) With the jets I take they are attempting to remake the San Fransisco / Vegas area as well? Good on them if they pull that large area off with that detail.

Hopefully they also bring back other SA vehicles such as the Monster Truck, and the tow trucks, so I can do s*** like this again hehe :)

08:55am 03/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
3838 posts
God damn that graphics engine looks amazing. Hopefully it can run this time though.
10:01am 03/11/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19326 posts
F*** me dead the graphics look awesome
10:36am 03/11/11 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20086 posts
I will go crazy with excitement if the next trailers show San Fierro and Las Venturas.
10:49am 03/11/11 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
3679 posts
Wow I must of seen a different trailer than most people here because the graphics to me didn't look all that amazing. Sure they are better than GTA4 but not by much and sure as hell not as good as GTA4 with the iCenhancer mod on. Still though as long as this runs more than 30fps with my 6990 i'll be happy and willing to buy it.
11:02am 03/11/11 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
527 posts
30fps with my 6990

DM, get new drivers... whilst I can't quote you how many fps I'm getting it runs a LOT better than 30 on my 5870 Eyefinity 6 edition (2Gb Ram).
06:00pm 03/11/11 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
3682 posts
Oh i've tried everything. It's a problem with the game engine in that it doesn't recognise cards with more than 2gb video ram. You can force the game to run with more memory through commands but doing that means even on medium everything i'm lucky to break 25. Funnily enough if I turn on that iCEnhance mod I still get the same FPS but it looks so much better. Strange strange game engine and a rather big oversight on rockstar's account. Apparantly there is a fix for nvidia cards though but not ATI. F*****g ATI, regret buying this now. Think i'll save for a 590.
06:20pm 03/11/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4106 posts
Haha that was awesome Guv
06:31pm 03/11/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2010 posts
How much VRAM does a console have? Prob no oversight at all on their part.
06:32pm 03/11/11 Permalink
ZeeDoktor
Toowoomba, Queensland
10 posts
Now I wonder if Rockstar will deem it "viable" to release on PC........

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/06/rockstar-red-dead-redemption-on-pc-isnt-happening-not-viable/

If so, it'd be nice to get some mod tools. Surely they've seen what the PC modding community has been up to with GTA4. Looking forward to getting more information about this game.
12:25pm 07/11/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4762 posts
DM: Why don't you follow this trinket of info i stumbled on

1.Make a shortcut of LaunchGTAIV.exe and move it to your desktop.

2.Right click on the shortcut and click "properties"

3.Then add this to the "target" (or something like that):
"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\LaunchGTAIV.exe" -norestrictions -nomemrestrict -availablevidmem 5.8 -percentvidmem 100

This works with a nvidia card with 3gb of vram.
02:30pm 07/11/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4794 posts
Crafty side-by-side trailer between San Andreas and GTA V...

Works best in fullscreen though.
04:57pm 07/11/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8135 posts
lol @ how s*** SA looks compared to V
05:05pm 07/11/11 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
1720 posts
That was awesome Nerfy, good find :)
05:08pm 07/11/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9756 posts
i don't know how long it's gonna take people to realise that san andreas was playstation kiddie s***
05:08pm 07/11/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4118 posts
A new vice city would be awesome... still the best game in the series IMO.

This thread made me go back and see what all the fuss was about as I'd played all the others but never played Vice City until the weekend just gone.

I must concur with your statement, Vice City is pretty damn awesome.
06:36pm 07/11/11 Permalink
DardyySing
Perth, Western Australia
2 posts
i was hoping for another gangland gta :(
08:37pm 07/11/11 Permalink
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
2650 posts
Meh. Did anyone else play GTA4 but not finish it? I was pretty underwhelmed, they need to do something more exciting with GTA5.
09:50pm 07/11/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8147 posts
yeah i didnt finish it, only 1 that i didnt
09:52pm 07/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
3917 posts
Didn't finish it cause of the bloody characters. That and the shear amount of computer power to run the damn thing.
09:54pm 07/11/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4798 posts
I didn't finish it because it made it too easy to do a mission, get to a save point, and be afraid of starting playing more which I wouldn't be able to save until I got to another save point. Plus for some reason, in GTAIV I couldn't drive for s***.
10:25pm 07/11/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4766 posts
I got to some mission after your cousin gets killed, where you have to shoot down a helicopter from a boat but every time i get in the boat, i leave whatever warehouse, then I start shooting the helicopter, i land like two rockets on the damn helicopter and then i die.

After the 4th death at the exact same spot I got bored, then i changed my pc parts around, so i had to install windows x64 to run the extra 4gb of ram and the fact i had two 470gtx's with 1.2gb of ram each. I forgot to back my save up, and there's no way I'd play through to that again.

However the ballad of gay tony was pretty worthwhile, the characters were much more likeable. Not sure about the lost and the damned, i've never really been into the whole biker gang thing. But I might give it a shot after exams.

There were cool bits in gta4 mostly I always love getting into a suit and gunning people down on jobs.

Somewhere in it you have to assassinate a guy who's in hospital and i died 3 times, the first time after killing him, i throw a molotov c***tail at the police who stormed the place, sadly it clipped the roof and hit me. setting me on fire and killing me. Seocnd time i decided a grenade was better, but as i threw it either someone shot a door, or it closed itself and bounced back killing me. Third time i just got shot by the police.

What I liked about GTA4 is every time you have to redo a mission the dialogue between people changes, it feels a lot less failed when there's almost more content from dying the first time. But after a couple of deaths they usually just say "Lets just drive in silence" and you feel bad.

Edit: Oh the expansions, they happen during the exact same time that the vanilla gta4 happens, so when you're luis lopez or whatever the guy is in Ballad of Gay Tony, you start in the bank heist that you do as Niko Bellic and his shady irish friends pull off. Your story crosses paths a few times it's pretty neat, makes the world feel more filled in.
03:29am 08/11/11 Permalink
TNF
Sydney, New South Wales
11 posts
Not a fan of GTA anymore check out http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3176907/sleeping-dogs-hands-on-preview

Might be a nice change in scenery
01:08am 19/02/12 Permalink
mrmatt
124 posts
<--true crime fan
10:54am 20/02/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9002 posts
I really loved Vice City I was obsessed with it, but then I played the newer one, only partially, and it was a f*****g terrible game and now I hate GTA and it would be hard to get me to buy another one. I wish I could sue to get my money back, plus extra money for wasting my time.

last edited by thermite at 11:22:48 20/Feb/12
11:20am 20/02/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2296 posts
Meh. Did anyone else play GTA4 but not finish it? I was pretty underwhelmed, they need to do something more exciting with GTA5.

I finished it and liked it. Can't say the same for Saints Row 3, it's 'charm' wore off rather fast. I've liked all the GTA's so far.
01:35pm 20/02/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6517 posts
saints row 3 had missions that were actually fun and varied, plus it maintained the humour that was a staple of the gta series. iv forgot the humour and had repetitive drive here and kill this person missions.

01:40pm 20/02/12 Permalink
cool
Melbourne, Victoria
8 posts
Should be awesome!
04:46pm 23/02/12 Permalink
evil_badger
Bathurst, New South Wales
1 posts
looks good
04:47pm 23/02/12 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
808 posts
cool posting to get the achievement hahah...
04:47pm 23/02/12 Permalink
I3ighead
Brisbane, Queensland
3 posts
looks awsome
04:55pm 23/02/12 Permalink
Burgerlolz
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
6 posts
So, anyone heard anything new on this ? Long time no see , especially if it's meant to be realeased this year. But I guess they'll just start selling it after max payne 3 gets out.
11:27am 29/02/12 Permalink
Angus
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Advertising
01:42pm 03/03/12 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
5958 posts
or you could quit spamming and lower your prices if you want to compete with www.ozgameshop.com
01:52pm 03/03/12 Permalink
WillyFace
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
1 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Spamming
09:26am 05/03/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
525 posts
Apparently the game is out in a month or so and we have very little media showing it. I want wallpaper and screenshots, maybe even a demo.
02:15pm 05/03/12 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
1776 posts
Where'd it get announced it was out in a month?
03:31pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5686 posts
At indro JB HiFi they have a whiteboard behind the main sales desk and I noticed they had April for GTA V when I was purchasing my Transformer Prime. Not sure if it's legit, but seemed weird to have it right out in the open.
04:13pm 05/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14613 posts
they're probably just making up release dates to try and get you to preorder.
04:17pm 05/03/12 Permalink
SpikeNine
New South Wales
1 posts
Vice City was my 1st GTA and still my favorite. I went back and player GTA3 loved that too but 4 never really hooked me.
03:53pm 13/03/12 Permalink
$ack
Brisbane, Queensland
1427 posts
I had the most fun with vehicles in San Andreas.

SAMP was great fun too, used to play it online and at LANs :D
04:11pm 13/03/12 Permalink
$ack
Brisbane, Queensland
1428 posts
Where's the edit button gone?

I've played all GTA's cept for the london expansion one.
04:12pm 13/03/12 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
1080 posts
http://imgur.com/a/ytomm

two new screens.
09:32am 13/07/12 Permalink
Linker
Brisbane, Queensland
1683 posts
So it was announced Spring 2013 for PS3 and 360.
09:14pm 02/11/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
9056 posts
bring out ps4 and this as the tittle game =)
09:17pm 02/11/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4815 posts
Or just bring it out for pc and have a graphics option of high.
09:30pm 02/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
965 posts
Again with a delayed PC release. They will probably make excuses like "making it better for PC" but it will probably end up un-optimised and we will have to wait for a series of patches or perhaps fan made fixes.

I hope that is not the case, It would be awesome if they gave the PC version extra stuff like free DLC or things they cut from the console development. Im still waiting on RDR too.
08:20pm 03/11/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17462 posts
like free DLC

lol

sure why not
08:31pm 03/11/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
1298 posts
I'd like to see it on PC, but it's (the GTA Franchise that is) 'at home' on a console.

I sincerely hope that the multi-player has matured somewhat from even the likes of Red Dead Redemption. (GTA IV's was kinda rubbish unless you had/have a 'party' of 8-16 mates willing to play)

As single player games, Rockstar are churning out pure gold.
As for multi-player... unfortunately the same can't be said.
10:39pm 03/11/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16124 posts

I'd like to see it on PC, but it's (the GTA Franchise that is) 'at home' on a console.

gta has been on PC since the original release in 1997...
10:56pm 03/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:56pm 03/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.