Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
360 Softmodding
Gramsy
Brisbane, Queensland
92 posts

Has anyone done this before? Does anyone know if there are people that can do it for me? if anyone has done it, would i be able to play games on an offline account and play purchased games on my real account?
11:09pm 02/11/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:09pm 02/11/09 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
4440 posts
11:15pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Zylox
Brisbane, Queensland
1175 posts
swing this guy an email
http://www.armybootsbobsmods.com
06:11am 03/11/09 Permalink
Eds
Brisbane, Queensland
9205 posts
I have one 360 with the modded dvd firmware and one for xbox live.

That said, I have 2 "backed up" games and rarely play them, not having games on live sucks really.

Its easy to do, just google for you tube vids. The hardest part is getting the bastard open
07:02am 03/11/09 Permalink
qmass
Queensland
9547 posts
I wonder how much 360 modding searches went up on google with the release of the modern warfare 2 leak...
07:06am 03/11/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
2006 posts
maybe you should read this: http://kotaku.com/5393994/xbox-live-smashes-mass-banhammer-on-pirates

Most of those retards did dumb stuff, like playing leaked/pre-release games on Live. Definitely the fastest way to make Microsoft go "oh hey... Borderlands isn't out yet, so why has someone picked up these achievements & isn't a press type??".
07:14am 03/11/09 Permalink
gamer
59 posts
Seriously if you look at the cost of a new xbox 360 console... and then look at the cost of the games for said console these days ranging over $100+ it's not wonder that the risk of using linux isos and mods is worth it. I mean if you get to play a few linux isos it would already have paid for a whole new console.
08:43am 03/11/09 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
4442 posts
anyone who pays over $100 for a console game deserves to have their money taken away from them

shop around: http://www.ecogamer.com/
or
import: http://www.365games.co.uk/
09:03am 03/11/09 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
752 posts
Most of those retards did dumb stuff, like playing leaked/pre-release games on Live. Definitely the fastest way to make Microsoft go "oh hey... Borderlands isn't out yet, so why has someone picked up these achievements & isn't a press type??".

Thats the most retarded thing i have ever heard...
The firmware over rides microsoft security protection on the disk, microsoft has ways of checking if a disk is legitimate.. the soft modding scenes have ways to protect themselves.. essentially by stealthing the discs and making them appear legitimate... people get caught for not stealth patching back up games.. end of story.

11:33am 03/11/09 Permalink
MatchFixa
Brisbane, Queensland
1523 posts
anyone who pays over $100 for a console game deserves to have their money taken away from them
This

Also add to the list:
www.sendit.com
http://www.dvd.co.uk

last edited by MatchFixa at 11:37:19 03/Nov/09
11:36am 03/11/09 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
9699 posts
people get caught for not stealth patching back up games.. end of story.
Nope, you're both partially right. It was pretty widely publicised that a lot of people who played that pre-launch ODST felt the banhammer. Fact is, nobody except MS really knows what constitutes each of these ban waves - it's all just speculation.
11:42am 03/11/09 Permalink
MatchFixa
Brisbane, Queensland
1524 posts
Also
http://www.365games.co.uk/

"We now offer free delivery to Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada. We also provide the following services"

SCORE!
11:45am 03/11/09 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
753 posts
Nope, you're both partially right. It was pretty widely publicised that a lot of people who played that pre-launch ODST felt the banhammer. Fact is, nobody except MS really knows what constitutes each of these ban waves - it's all just speculation.

Had those people waited for a verified copy of the game to be released and verified it using abgx then they wouldnt of been banned.. Its not as simple as stating that anyone who plays a game prior to release gets banned... Ive purchased a many games prior to release from places like big w by some store clerk who didnt bother checking the release date.. brought it home and played it with out any banning.

Yet if you read the comments of any pre-release game you will find that the files on the disc havent been verified.. it may have the wrong stealth patch.. the wrong wave.. the wrong pfi.. dmi... all things which microsoft are able to check to see if legitimate.

Piracy is never as easy as obtaining and using.. there is always precautions to take to ensure quality... alot of people fall short but either not caring enough to double check or being too noob to know what they are doing.

And these precautions arnt just for pirating games *which is naughty* but also for creating your own backups.. A bad rip could f*** up the dmi/pfi/wave and you can be caught for making a s*** rip of your game or not stealthing it.

Whilst id love to believe that microsoft would simply ban based on people who play games early.. really its just not practical.. things get leaked.. games get sold early.. its a fact that they would have to take into account before slamming down a ban hammer.
11:52am 03/11/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28126 posts
Given that there is really no point to softmodding at this point in time other than to pirate games, this thread isn't exactly appropriate for this forum, sorry team
12:09pm 03/11/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:09pm 03/11/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page