Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
K-Mart $19/$25 Console game sale
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
2091 posts
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/599/20091129172743kmart.th.jpg

Some pretty kickass deals here - $19 for Prince of Persia or Star Ocean (360), $25 for the excellent Soul Calibur IV (PS3) etc.. Kicked off this morning, so I'd be quick.

More importantly, it's a chance to get 3 games to trade in at JB Hifi for something new & save yourself around $40-50 (as almost none of the titles on sale are on JB's exclusion list yet)
09:41am 03/12/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:41am 03/12/09 Permalink
MatchFixa
Brisbane, Queensland
1694 posts
More importantly, it's a chance to get 3 games to trade in at JB Hifi for something new
Does that trade deal include any 3 games on any system? or are they after selected titles?

Also which games do they have up for trade? i'm assuming only the ones pictured.

I'd be interested in Assassins Creed 2.
11:28am 03/12/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
2092 posts
You have to trade games from the same system afaik - So 360 games for a 360 trade deal etc... I've abused JB's trade system before to get Wii Sports resort for a grand total of $40 (When EB did a 'buy 1 preowned, get 1 free' deal).
11:33am 03/12/09 Permalink
Syco
Brisbane, Queensland
884 posts
Looks like a Big-W catalog?
12:13pm 03/12/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
2093 posts
Does, but it isn't.
12:58pm 03/12/09 Permalink
RockitMan
Brisbane, Queensland
5393 posts
What happens to games on these trade-in deals?
01:03pm 03/12/09 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
549 posts
^ I've always thought they end up at some central clearing house for used games and then sold on to EB or the like for a pittance. There's always 100 copies of Dynasty Warriors for the 360 in the bargain bin.
01:08pm 03/12/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
2094 posts
They normally re-sell them for a fair chunk of cash. Getting to keep 100% of the profits too, which can generally end up making more money for them than selling a new title.
01:20pm 03/12/09 Permalink
Vorador
Brisbane, Queensland
1374 posts
cheers for pointing this out

went and picked up wheelman - f*** it is both the most terrible and fantastic game I've played in a long time
01:22pm 03/12/09 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
925 posts
02:19pm 03/12/09 Permalink
MatchFixa
Brisbane, Queensland
1695 posts
went and picked up wheelman - f*** it is both the most terrible and fantastic game I've played in a long time
Explain.
03:25pm 03/12/09 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
4514 posts
my partners in kmart *right now* on the phone to me telling me that assassins creed is still listed at $91?
shes asking if they're having a sale or not

stand by
03:36pm 03/12/09 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
4516 posts
never mind, it was assassins creed 1 vs 2 $25/$91 etc
bastards

I got a copy of gt5 prologue anyway
03:50pm 03/12/09 Permalink
Vorador
Brisbane, Queensland
1375 posts
Explain.

Vin diesel presents a vin diesel game starring vin diesel with characters based on characters played in movies by vin diesel

also things like this are frequent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0u_XpxSTY0

It plays like a poorly constructed, buggy, car focused GTA-4 without the "hey cousin, lets go do something a lot less fun than what you're currently doing"

and for some reason it is incredibly fun (for $20)

04:00pm 03/12/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
2096 posts
Explain.

So bad it's funny I guess?
04:02pm 03/12/09 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
807 posts
My neighbour used the JB trade deal on 10 compies of assassins creed 2 a couple of weeks ago......buy 3 $20 games from EB, trade them for Assassins creed 2 then trade it back to EB...........now he's trying to flog his $900 worth of EB Vouchers. I reckon there are easier ways to make $300.
04:45pm 03/12/09 Permalink
imitation
Brisbane, Queensland
3071 posts
Sweet I'm knocking off to go KMart at toowoong now!!
04:55pm 03/12/09 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1284 posts
For anyone interested... Toys R us are selling wii consoles for $199.99 I think only until today though :(
05:24pm 03/12/09 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
4098 posts
The TRU Wii deal is if you've already spent $200 you can get a Wii for $199.99. So they still get 399.99 out of you.
09:01pm 03/12/09 Permalink
imitation
Brisbane, Queensland
3075 posts
I just went to Toowong what an awesome shopping experience that place is..
09:44pm 03/12/09 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
1774 posts
Explain.
In wheelman you play VIN DEISEL in VIN DEISEL's WHEELMAN.

You're an underground escape driver doing random jobs and making a name for yourself in a city with many factions of underground criminals. You're ballsy but good with women. You can bluff your way into and out of situations.

But none of that matters because once you are in a car, you can "AIRJACK". That is, you want a different car? F*** getting out, scaring people on the road and then pulling the person out of it GTA style. No f*** that to hell. You open the door of your moving car and you f*****g leap at someone elses car. You slam your feet through the window smashing them out their door and take over driving, with no loss of movement speed.

Once you are in a car, and you've got someone tailing you wanting to take you out, you use your special moves, and 180 your car, and then slow-mo to aim your gun either at the driver, the tyres or the fuel tank. You blow them up, either way and massive explosions everywhere.

Once you are on a bike, you're unstoppable. You cant turn for s***, but if a car comes at you head on, do a wheelstand and you'll 100% garantee yourself to be safe, but also launched in the air like a rocket.

Also in a car, you can use your amazing driving skills to pretty much cause anything to explode. You have buttons to slam other cars, you have buttons to shoot them you have buttons for NOS.

The game is honestly everything you ever asked for in a game, a f*****g hillarious main character, the ability to blow s*** up at the drop of a penny, and most of all its super fun. The storyline is pretty much on par with any other gangsta game, its seems to be set in england? So you get these semi pommy/latin/italian accents.

Everyone hates this game and i have no idea why. Play it. You'll realise its a s*** game which is really awesome. Its s*** because its not finished though, not because it's not fun. in fact you can pretty much glitch all over the place at times, occasionally events don't work right and overall the quality is a bit poor, but you'll forgive all of that as you start watching explosions while you are driving really fast.

Oh and its got vin deisel. No matter if you love him or hate him, this is exactly what you'd expect from the man. Either he's ironically tough, or maybe he really thinks he is. Who knows. But make fun of him or get in the spirit of it because its fantastic.

last edited by skythra at 14:07:33 04/Dec/09
02:04pm 04/12/09 Permalink
imitation
Brisbane, Queensland
3092 posts
Oh my shopping experience was some what tainted when I went to play my new games and the cases were empty apparently I missed a part of the purchasing process.
02:07pm 04/12/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
2100 posts
So I summed it up then with "So bad it's funny"?
02:08pm 04/12/09 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
1775 posts
So I summed it up then with "So bad it's funny"?
you make a s*** salesman :P
02:09pm 04/12/09 Permalink
MatchFixa
Brisbane, Queensland
1704 posts
In wheelman you play VIN DEISEL in VIN DEISEL's WHEELMAN. You're an underground escape driver doing random jobs and making a name for yourself in a city with many factions of underground criminals. You're ballsy but good with women. You can bluff your way into and out of situations. But none of that matters because once you are in a car, you can "AIRJACK". That is, you want a different car? F*** getting out, scaring people on the road and then pulling the person out of it GTA style. No f*** that to hell. You open the door of your moving car and you f*****g leap at someone elses car. You slam your feet through the window smashing them out their door and take over driving, with no loss of movement speed. Once you are in a car, and you've got someone tailing you wanting to take you out, you use your special moves, and 180 your car, and then slow-mo to aim your gun either at the driver, the tyres or the fuel tank. You blow them up, either way and massive explosions everywhere. Once you are on a bike, you're unstoppable. You cant turn for s***, but if a car comes at you head on, do a wheelstand and you'll 100% garantee yourself to be safe, but also launched in the air like a rocket. Also in a car, you can use your amazing driving skills to pretty much cause anything to explode. You have buttons to slam other cars, you have buttons to shoot them you have buttons for NOS. The game is honestly everything you ever asked for in a game, a f*****g hillarious main character, the ability to blow s*** up at the drop of a penny, and most of all its super fun. The storyline is pretty much on par with any other gangsta game, its seems to be set in england? So you get these semi pommy/latin/italian accents. Everyone hates this game and i have no idea why. Play it. You'll realise its a s*** game which is really awesome. Its s*** because its not finished though, not because it's not fun. in fact you can pretty much glitch all over the place at times, occasionally events don't work right and overall the quality is a bit poor, but you'll forgive all of that as you start watching explosions while you are driving really fast. Oh and its got vin deisel. No matter if you love him or hate him, this is exactly what you'd expect from the man. Either he's ironically tough, or maybe he really thinks he is. Who knows. But make fun of him or get in the spirit of it because its fantastic.
That's what i like about Skythra's repsonses: Attention to detail, no matter how brief the initial question is.

So yeah, Thanks.
03:27pm 04/12/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:27pm 04/12/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.