Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Indiana Jones DVD Trilogy!
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
11586 posts
Spotted on Bluesnews.com that Reuters are reporting that the Indiana Jones series will finally be coming out on DVD:
The "Indiana Jones" trilogy, one of the most requested film series for the DVD format, is finally slated for worldwide release Nov. 4 as "The Adventures of Indiana Jones -- The Complete DVD Movie Collection," a box set that will include a fourth disc specifically dedicated to bonus materials.
Bring it on! A trailer for the DVD has been released, which you can grab locally from AusGamers Files.
03:30pm 07/05/03 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:30pm 07/05/03 Permalink
SacredSperm
Sydney, New South Wales
896 posts
Hooray! Finally!
04:25pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Barra
Brisbane, Queensland
16 posts
As reported by my favourite site : thedigitalbits.com ,It's being released in November in the States so unfortunately we may not see it until early in 2004 - costing around $90.

Gives me plenty of time to save my pennies...or dollars..or whateva.
04:31pm 07/05/03 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
2619 posts
Another must-buy boxset. Lets hope they don't botch the pal conversion.

Is Back 2 the future PAL fixed yet?
04:31pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Nailbomb
Melbourne, Victoria
661 posts
kick ass, it's definately been a long wait... now we need star wars 4,5&6 on dvd.
04:39pm 07/05/03 Permalink
GumbyNoTalent
Brisbane, Queensland
1499 posts
Igot the Indy movies years ago on VHS when you could buy them from Maaca'a for 6.95 with any burger purchase. Time for a format upgrade. :)
05:32pm 07/05/03 Permalink
[Q]
Brisbane, Queensland
5650 posts
Where was this 2 weeks ago before I hired them all out from the vid store to re-watch them :)
05:34pm 07/05/03 Permalink
GumbyNoTalent
Brisbane, Queensland
1500 posts
No Q about 8 years ago.
05:35pm 07/05/03 Permalink
teenieee
Brisbane, Queensland
10630 posts
I want the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
05:37pm 07/05/03 Permalink
bonsai_boy
Brisbane, Queensland
7 posts
im with deathwalker .. needs dragons...
05:44pm 07/05/03 Permalink
[Q]
Brisbane, Queensland
5652 posts
Well yeah true. But I just rewatched them all so it would have been good to see them again in this way. meh, whats seeing them for the 20th time +1 :P
05:47pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Nailbomb
Melbourne, Victoria
662 posts
I want the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

holy crap the chronicles sucked so much ass they should never have been made :)

Unless your being sarcastic your the first person I've ever come across that actually likes them.

Where was this 2 weeks ago before I hired them all out from the vid store to re-watch them :)

I'm with you there, i was hanging out for the dvd's but got sick of waiting since it has been like 10yrs since i watched them last so i ended up watching them again about 2months ago.
05:57pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
4491 posts
What was wrong with the PAL version of the Back to the Future trilogy?
06:33pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Erik-the-Red
Brisbane, Queensland
1471 posts
well, the box set i borrowed off my dad was fine, so i assume it's fixed
09:47pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
2873 posts
PAL was affected too I thought.

I thought that only the NTSC versions was affected. Mine looks fine.
You wouldn't notice. It was misframing. i.e. the chopping up of the movie, not neccessarily dodgy looking onscreen, simply not the original material.
10:34pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
2874 posts
11:00pm 07/05/03 Permalink
Persay
Brisbane, Queensland
781 posts
da da da do do do da da da da do do do do !

funky theme =p
Haha, I downloaded it just to see what that actually sounded like. :P
11:09pm 07/05/03 Permalink
imitation
Brisbane, Queensland
1115 posts
This will nicely complement my back to the future dvd set.
03:53pm 08/05/03 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
2874 posts
im almost scared to go back and watch these awesome moofies again;

ive gone back and watched some other old old classics and was really disappointed to see that perhaps they werent all that flash (but i thought they were when i was a kid)

highlander springs to mind, i thought that moofie rocked hard, but after watching ita gain the other day, it was pretty bad :( (really really bad)
05:12pm 08/05/03 Permalink
GumbyNoTalent
Brisbane, Queensland
1512 posts
highlander springs to mind, i thought that moofie rocked hard, but after watching ita gain the other day, it was pretty bad :( (really really bad)
Which one, Highlander the first moofie was excellent, maybe the gay arse fluro effects at the end look a bit dated but the rest of the movis is excellent.
05:22pm 08/05/03 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
2875 posts
nah, i wouldnt even bother with any of the highlander sequels, im talking about the first one

as a kid i thought it was a truly wonderous moofie

however, i watched it the other day and was really disappointed

worst scottish accent ever (y cast a barely able to speak english frenchy as a scotsman!?!?!?)
05:44pm 08/05/03 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
2879 posts
It is misframed. i.e. In certain scenes some cropping has occured. You wouldn't probably notice unless you knew the originals off by heart.
05:49pm 08/05/03 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
2620 posts
From what I read the PAL Back2future set wasn't being fixed till March so i held off on getting it.

I guess that means it is fixed now, but you never know how long it takes some dealers to get through old stock.

It's safe to rewatch raiders of the lost ark, it won't disapoint.
09:59am 09/05/03 Permalink
imitation
Brisbane, Queensland
1120 posts
I bought it I did notice the problem, but i've grown to love Michael J. Fox again.
07:33pm 09/05/03 Permalink
Sancho
Brisbane, Queensland
519 posts
what do you mean a little late now. it says 'after' april and may last time i checked is after april.
09:34am 10/05/03 Permalink
teenieee
Brisbane, Queensland
10661 posts
what the hell is 'framing'?
11:18am 10/05/03 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
2884 posts
Think cropping. Hard to explain, but basically you have a viewing rectangle, that is your movie (1:1.85, in back to the future I guess?). Now if it is misframed, this rectangle that you see would be different to the original. Like it would only be showing part of the viewing rectangle instead of the whole thing.

Go and make a rectangle with your fingers (you know, use your thumbs and index fingers, invert one hand, like you would see a director do) and put it up infront of your monitor. Now just imagine you could only see *that* part of the computer screen that is through your fingers/rectangle. That would be misframed, since you are not seeing the entire monitor in its original fashion, only a part of it.

Hope that clears it up. Bit dodgy, but it'll do.
02:39pm 10/05/03 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:39pm 10/05/03 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.