Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
UFOoligist John Keel died (ATTN Faceman?)
Charlie
Brisbane, Queensland
399 posts
John Keel has passed. The movie "The Mothman Prophecies" was taken from one of his books. A sad day for pseudo-science.

Edit: Err, the topic should have read "John Keel" not "Kael Obit. Teach me for watching TV while making a post haha.
06:04pm 07/07/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:04pm 07/07/09 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
1205 posts
One my fav blogs had a writeup on him but i must admit i didnt know much about him.
http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/

08:24pm 07/07/09 Permalink
Mr Hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
5202 posts
that's cos you're a FRAUD
09:25pm 07/07/09 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
1206 posts
Or thats what the Illuminati would want you to believe.
10:17pm 07/07/09 Permalink
Sipawhore
Brisbane, Queensland
83 posts
Faceman you seen obama deception yet? f**ken bilderberg group.

anyways sad news...dont know who he is LOL
10:29pm 07/07/09 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
1207 posts
seeing as how someone mentioned UFOs i thought you might be interested in this recent UFO. Watch closely at 4:38
hard to explain that.

10:50pm 07/07/09 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
1022 posts
looks like a bunch of birds to me, with a retarded camera.
11:05pm 07/07/09 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
1897 posts
hard to explain that.

It's hard to explain why the narrator/filmer/uploader would draw the conclusion that the sphere is intelligent. Doesn't look too intelligent to me.
11:13pm 07/07/09 Permalink
Syco
Brisbane, Queensland
400 posts
looks like a bunch of birds to me, with a retarded camera

Yeah, they always zoom right the hell into digital zoom and not use a tripod, pretty sure they do it on purpose so it shows it as something that *might* look like a lot of things instead of looking like the normal explainable thing it does look like.
12:37am 08/07/09 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
5700 posts
typical mind manipulation trick.. telling people what it is before they see it.. that way they are more inclined to believe its what they said it was..

if you just showed the footage.. i would say it was some birds fighting
04:06am 08/07/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16598 posts
I didn't watch the video but I'm betting the picture is either fuzzy/shakey/out of focus - just like all ufo footage
07:39am 08/07/09 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
10051 posts
pretty much
07:47am 08/07/09 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
1208 posts
So no explanations ?
11:13am 08/07/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3722 posts
So no explanations ?

You didn't read the posts saying it was birds?
11:45am 08/07/09 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
4461 posts
the yellow dots are obviously goldfish. genetically modified flying light-bending killer goldfis***@#!# :D
11:49am 08/07/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9397 posts
Always remember: Separate pieces of poor evidence don't aggregate together into a single piece of good evidence. You can stack cowpies as high as you want, but they won't turn into a bar of gold.

-Brian Dunning, www.skeptoid.com
11:52am 08/07/09 Permalink
JakeG
Brisbane, Queensland
653 posts
I'm sure there is some good evidence that suprisingly hasn't managed to find its way to ausforums..
12:55pm 08/07/09 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
10055 posts
i'm sure it's no more credible or useful than anything else we've had posted on here

last edited by paveway at 13:29:22 08/Jul/09
01:24pm 08/07/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9399 posts
I'm sure there is some good evidence that suprisingly hasn't managed to find its way to ausforums..

Wait a second - the burden of proof isn't on us ("us" being the disbelievers). The burden of proof is on the person making a claim. In this case, the burden of proof is on Faceman, and him simply saying "you can't give me an alternative explanation" isn't proof. The only evidence he has is a s***** video where you can't see what the hell is going on.
02:33pm 08/07/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
9929 posts
I'm interested in hearing what the alternative to providing faceman with an explanation is. Like, if the 50 or so people who read this thread can't provide an explanation, what must we be looking at here?
02:57pm 08/07/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9402 posts
Could you please also tell me what is going on in this fMRI below (what is driving the difference between the control and the conductors?):
http://www.uncg.edu/mus/mri/neuromusical_clip_image004.gif
Assuming that not many people in this thread can accurately explain this data, is it safe for me to assume the answer is aliens? Did aliens cause this difference?

The answer is, no. Just because there isn't an apparent explanation that a lot of people are aware of, it doesn't mean there is not a completely rational explanation for something.

I apologise for the double negative, so to clarify, I'll reiterate the point I already made. The burden of proof is on the person making a claim. So far there isn't enough proof that we can conclude it's anything special (further beyond no one being able to explain what it is).

I'm interested in hearing what the alternative to providing faceman with an explanation is. Like, if the 50 or so people who read this thread can't provide an explanation, what must we be looking at here?

Let's use some critical thinking skills and assume that we are hypothesis testing. We can have 2 options: 1, the null hypothesis, the video isn't a UFO; and 2, the alternative hypothesis, the video IS a UFO. What we need to do is gather evidence to REJECT THE NULL. We always assume there isn't something, until we see proof that there is. So, do we have enough evidence to reject the null?

Well what we have is a shoddy video of something that no one here can label. Just because we can't label what is going on in the video does not constitute evidence to reject the null.

Evidence to reject the null would be a video that is a complete, clear and unambiguous. For example, where is the end of the video? What happens to the yellow object? Does it fly away? Does it land? Surely if someone with a camera thought they saw a UFO they would record it until it disappeared... right? I certainly wouldn't stop after 1 minute and say, "Well hey, that's enough crappy footage to convince the harshest skeptic!"

Once again, just because there isn't yet an obvious answer, doesn't mean we should jump to the most fantastic conclusion.

last edited by BillyHardball at 17:50:59 08/Jul/09
05:47pm 08/07/09 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
1212 posts
Unidentified
Flying
Object

Nobody can offer up an alternative explanation which makes it a UFO.
06:59pm 08/07/09 Permalink
taggs
Brisbane, Queensland
2705 posts
ahaha but it just looks like some birds digitally zoomed really far in on a really s***** shakey camera. it's hardly unidentified.
07:11pm 08/07/09 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
1463 posts
it's unidentified because it's taken by a drunken hillbilly cameraphone

07:22pm 08/07/09 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
5703 posts
I’m sure there’s a 1000's of ways i could shoot a video so you don’t know what it is

For example i screw up some foil and throw it in the air with 1 hand and zoom in and film it in the other.. Just cause you don’t know what i threw doesn’t make it a alien craft or UFO

in this case it can’t be identified.. it’s not that it unidentifiable.. give me a better pic and i'll identify it for you
07:39pm 08/07/09 Permalink
JakeG
Brisbane, Queensland
655 posts
Came across this doco, pretty recent (november 2008).
Ft. Dan Aykroyd

Theres 10 parts, good watch if you have time :>

*edit* no birds in this vid.

last edited by JakeG at 21:09:36 08/Jul/09
09:08pm 08/07/09 Permalink
taggs
Brisbane, Queensland
2707 posts
ahahaha the dude in that doco is David Serada, author of such academically robust books as:

Mona Lisa's Little Secret
Are you ready to go beyond the Da Vinci Code? Be among the first people in the world to learn Leonardo Da Vinci's greatest secret about the Divine Feminine and the true image of God. The Mona Lisa is arguably the most famous painting in the history of the world. Leonardo Da Vinci hid secrets in the Mona Lisa that are so powerful, the church would kill to protect it, and the inquisition would have burned Da Vinci at the stake if he revealed it. He had to hide his most treasured wisdom and secrets in the painting itself. This new discovery is far beyond the reaches of the Da Vinci Code and will enlighten the world to a truth so thought provoking, you will be left in awe! Da Vinci was more than a genius. He was a prophet! Get the DVD at: www.VoiceEntertainment.net

Singularity
Did God of the Old Testament, Krishna, Pythagoras, Buddha and Jesus speak in a secret language of quantum physics that no one would understand until now? If there is a code that can unlock the matrix of War, Disease, Death, Space and Time, Singularity is it! Singularity unlocks the code to the most profound enigmatic questions human beings face: Where are we in the universal map? How did we get here and why are we stuck here? Why do we face disease old age and death? Why is war part of our reality? Finally, why are we stuck on a small planet, unable to move faster than the speed of light? It is almost as if the material universe has a secret code, that unless discovered and broken, humanity remains imprisoned unable to conquer the vast distances between Earth and other Star systems where intelligent life might exist. Human beings do not have regular, accurate contact with the Divine Architect of the Universe. Why? We are trapped unless we can decode Space and Time.

Evidence, the Case for NASA UFOs
After conducting a 6-year scientific study into UFOs appearing on NASA Space Shuttle Missions throughout the 1990s, David Sereda reveals his findings. Complete volume with direct correspondence from NASA scientists and astronauts. Has NASA made contact with Extraterrestrial Intelligence? Is there a cover-up? Do NASA engineers study the UFO phenomenon to advance Aerospace Propulsion and Reverse Engineer alien technology? Do we know whom our visitors are?

how can you retards buy into this s*** when a quick google search shows the guys is clearly a kook manipulating other kooks by pretending to know s*** in order to sell s***** books/DVDs?

source: http://www.lulu.com/davidsereda
07:25am 09/07/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:25am 09/07/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.