Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Unregistered Vehicle Fines in Qld???
LJMonty
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
1 posts
What a rip off this c***ry is.
Only ones getting anywhere are the already rich, CEO`s and the govt the pricks.
Hows this, my small truck which is less than 5 tonnes and can be driven on a normal car license is a whopping $574.65 to register FOR ONLY 6 MONTHS??? WTF???
back in the states it is only 463 to register a V6 sedan for 2 years and that is in Boston which is a big city. What a rip off.
Have decided to piss it off and drive it unregistered, couldnt give a rats.
Am wondering now what that fine is going to be when i innevitably get nicked for driving unregistered ( and a faulty seatbelt or whatever else they can niggle out for more taxes ).
Have emailed dept trans here in Qld with the query of how much the fine will be ( super anonymously ( mind you they will have in IP addy wont they, surely they would nt go that far )) well f*** me soooo many people must be deciding its best to run unregoed rather than cop the $110 per year odd for the s***, i mean heck, to drive on the roads we pay licence tax, insurance tax, fuel tax, tolls tax etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
05:49pm 15/11/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:49pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Jim
UK
12485 posts
I don't even
05:50pm 15/11/11 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6509 posts
Unregistered + uninsured carries a visit to court. Which would be a couple hundred. Get caught a second time, the vehicle is impounded for 48 hours and you pay to get it out plus another trip to court. Every further time would be a court date and your vehicle being impounded.

Good luck.
05:51pm 15/11/11 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6510 posts
Oh and your plates would be taken off you when they are cancelled so then you'd have to drive without plates.
05:54pm 15/11/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4841 posts
Oh the fine for driving unregistered (and therefore uninsured) is around 900 dollars.

Just pay your rego.

PS: Rego checks happen regularly at night and of course at any RBT they'll flash their light on your rego sticker to check it's colour.
05:55pm 15/11/11 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
7578 posts
Just imagine what the Carbon Tax is going to be on vehicles.
05:56pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
2979 posts
Also you might lose points and have your licence cancelled......
05:57pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
11445 posts

Can I see your Excel sheet where you worked this out?

I think you may have made a mistake.
05:58pm 15/11/11 Permalink
LJMonty
2 posts
Also you might lose points and have your licence cancelled......

Damn damn damn, thank you everyone, i will pay it online now, i thought it was only 300 odd by reading previous posts here.
gonna cost me an extra 50 odd now fffucckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
05:59pm 15/11/11 Permalink
LJMonty
3 posts
lol at pinky, excel as follows,,,
govt = tax tax tax = bigger and more mansions for polliticians
that good enough for you?
06:00pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Exibus
125 posts
There's a reason you need to pay for rego and insurance you half-wit.

Also could you please provide a step-by-step tutorial on how I can send emails "super anonymously"

Thanks
06:01pm 15/11/11 Permalink
iTOM
Brisbane, Queensland
1166 posts
dude. the minimum wage in the US is about $8. ours is $15. it's all pretty relative (well, kinda). we still get f***ed in teh ass, but it's pretty comparable
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
7579 posts
You can pay it off monthly i think ?
maybe thats only insurance.
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
2980 posts
Thats only insurance facey. Rego is 6 or 12 month payment only. Also the discount for 12 month hardly makes it worth it.
06:04pm 15/11/11 Permalink
LJMonty
4 posts
nah no mthly payment offers ere YET ( once they work out they rake in more that way they will cotton on and allow it ). much like water and sewerage, they now allowing lesser time frames for that s*** so they is cottonning on.
exibus read this...

Transport online services: Transaction details
Your payment has been successful. The transaction will appear on your credit card statement with the description 'Queensland Government'. We recommend you record your transaction number as proof of your payment.

you and the govt should watch out for dynamite under ur house
06:04pm 15/11/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14957 posts
Don't you f*****g dare start a thread complaning about the price of video games.
06:12pm 15/11/11 Permalink
LJMonty
5 posts
LOL
06:15pm 15/11/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1569 posts
Hows this, my small truck which is less than 5 tonnes and can be driven on a normal car license is a whopping $574.65 to register FOR ONLY 6 MONTHS??? WTF???
back in the states it is only 463 to register a V6 sedan for 2 years and that is in Boston which is a big city. What a rip off.
Am wondering now what that fine is going to be when i innevitably get nicked for driving unregistered ( and a faulty seatbelt or whatever else they can niggle out for more taxes ).
Have emailed dept trans here in Qld with the query of how much the fine will be ( super anonymously ( mind you they will have in IP addy wont they, surely they would nt go that far )) well f*** me soooo many people must be deciding its best to run unregoed rather than cop the $110 per year odd for the s***, i mean heck, to drive on the roads we pay licence tax, insurance tax, fuel tax, tolls tax etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

dude, that also covers your CTP insurance (which is a big chunk)

the rego system needs an overhaul, and has done for years, but there is no way they can get a simple system that gov't cronies can understand, so they charge on cylinders, for cars, and god only knows for trucks, (or in the case of bikes, how many can sit on the seat)
06:25pm 15/11/11 Permalink
fade
Brisbane, Queensland
7090 posts
I didn't know there were white supremacist militias in Boston.
06:25pm 15/11/11 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5092 posts
Got done for driving unregistered and unlicensed ages ago (lololol). Fine was $180 for each but the coper said he could hit me up for no insurance.
06:29pm 15/11/11 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
15647 posts
nothing stopping you from getting back on a plane and f*****g off back to boston if it's so good
06:33pm 15/11/11 Permalink
taggs
5746 posts
well f*** me soooo many people must be deciding its best to run unregoed rather than cop the $110 per year odd for the s***

it may surprise you to find out that most people aren't as retarded as you.

a revolutionary idea, i know - but trying to justify your own immoral and illegal behaviour by pretending that there must be others doing it is just pathetic.

if you drive without rego and hence CTP you are a worthless piece of s***.

you and the govt should watch out for dynamite under ur house

childish threats of violence.

how cute.
06:36pm 15/11/11 Permalink
spoon
Brisbane, Queensland
409 posts
nothing stopping you from getting back on a plane and f*****g off back to boston if it's so good

DERP AUSTRALIA IS FULL

06:36pm 15/11/11 Permalink
sleepy
2096 posts
What are you doing on the coast with a 5 tonne truck?

I am in logistics on the coast and just curious who you work for.

Since when can you drive a 5 tonne truck with a car licence?
Or are you talking about 5 tonne GVM.?

What class is the vehicle registered.

We have a little 3 tonner which we have registered to allow for more payload. This requires a LR licence to drive.
If it registered differently anyone can drive it but you lose 1 tonne in payload.

As far as fines go for an unregistered truck I don't know. Do you jsut work up on the coast or do you travel to Brisbane.
If you travel to Brissie good luck with the weigh bridges.
You will get done there sooner or later.
06:42pm 15/11/11 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3563 posts
Could be worse, 60K to register a vehicle for 10 years in Singapore.
06:50pm 15/11/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9788 posts
what?
i leave qgl for an hour and this nugget drops?
there's been weeks of nothing! now this!!!!

also
lloolllll.
06:53pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1355 posts

If this f***head runs into me I'm going to have this in my glove-box JUST IN-CASE.
07:00pm 15/11/11 Permalink
sleepy
2100 posts
Why is that a concern?
If you are insured can't you just make the claim with your insurance company and let the insurance company chase them.

If he didn't have CTP then any injury you sustained would be covered by your CTP insurer wouldn't it?
It would be then the responsibily of your insurer to chase losses with that person at fault.

This is my understanding anyways.

I thought CTP covered injury and damage to third parties. Not the car you hit or they hit.

Thats what third party fire and theft is isnt it?
Yet comprehensive covers all of the above.
Your car, their car and any property damaged by the said cars.

I may be wrong and probably am.

Thats why we have insurance brokers to srt that rubbish out for us.

08:15pm 15/11/11 Permalink
taggs
5747 posts
If he didn't have CTP then any injury you sustained would be covered by your CTP insurer wouldn't it?

no.

The Nominal Defendant is a statutory body established under the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994 for the purpose of compensating people who are injured as a result of the negligent driving of unidentified and/or uninsured (no CTP insurance) motor vehicles. The Nominal Defendant Fund was first introduced in 1961.

http://www.maic.qld.gov.au/about-maic/nominal-defendant.shtml
08:25pm 15/11/11 Permalink
slyin
Brisbane, Queensland
104 posts
DONT LET THE MAN TELL YOU TO REGISTER YOUR CAR, OR FIX THAT SEATBELT

Youre a grown adult, you know whats right and wrong, safe and unsafe. Power to you brother
08:33pm 15/11/11 Permalink
sleepy
2101 posts
So therefore you could take the Government/Ruling department of the motorways or enforcement agency for damages?
Given they haven't upheld the law adequately.
Or
Damages sustained by a criminal act must be covered somewhere right?

It is against the law to drive an unregistered vehicle. So therefore you would have grounds to persue damages right?

Wrong?

08:36pm 15/11/11 Permalink
taggs
5748 posts
So therefore you could take the Government/Ruling department of the motorways or enforcement agency for damages?
Given they haven't upheld the law adequately.

i am not a lawyer - but i very, very much doubt it.

what makes you say they haven't upheld the law? presumably if an unregistered driver hit you causing an accident where you were hospitalised or at the very least suffered damage to your person then police would have attended the scene and charged the other person for driving an unregistered vehicle which they would then face court and be sentenced for.

expecting that the government not only has the power to but should realistically attempt to pre-emptively prevent all crime from taking place in the first place is somewhat bizarre.

It is against the law to drive an unregistered vehicle. So therefore you would have grounds to persue damages right?

again i am not a lawyer but i would suspect that yes you would have grounds to pursue a civil case against the other person for damages. whether or not that would be a rational exercise given the likely net wealth of someone driving an unregistered vehicle is another matter.

hence the need for and existence of the nominal defendant...
08:43pm 15/11/11 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
1648 posts
My ex was hit by an uninsured, unlicensed guy who rear ended her at a red light @ 40ish km/h, he then drove off (with sparks and steam flying everywhere) while she suffered pretty bad whiplash. After the police attended it took them two weeks to find the car, then find out he had gone back to new zealand.

The car had been unregistered for 29 days so she was able to claim against the car's ctp which lasts for 30 days after the car becomes unregistered apparently. I had just finished fixing her car the week before that (was a '92 ford wagon, and the timing belt tensioner had gone, and needed some new hoses and a service).
08:50pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9442 posts
Wow ... this thread was serious and not a troll.. OP makes faceman look like a genius.
09:16pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11905 posts
Should get a motorbike instead.
09:17pm 15/11/11 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6043 posts
dude, that also covers your CTP insurance (which is a big chunk)

exactly. i can see the thread in 6months time. some wanker run down my pet dog / mother / girlfriend and the prick was unregistered ... shes now on life support and the bills are costing us $100k....
10:20pm 15/11/11 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
11258 posts
Taggs, I reckon the fund pays out the victim and then (hopefully) sues the living f*** out of the uninsured driver if known?
11:41pm 15/11/11 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
8467 posts
I bet the victim gets no money and just gets screwed over.
12:46am 16/11/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1570 posts
yes the fund pays for the un-insured drivers f*****g up someone, however they (the d*** driver) has to pay that money back,
01:06am 16/11/11 Permalink
Chakas
USA
3418 posts
Yeah... the whole thing worked out cheaper for me back home than it did here in the US. Clearly there's a lack of understanding that the rego includes registration and minimum insurance. Any half decent insurance over here is an absolute killer thanks to the litigation happy society.
04:07am 16/11/11 Permalink
taggs
5749 posts
Taggs, I reckon the fund pays out the victim and then (hopefully) sues the living f*** out of the uninsured driver if known?

i'm not 100% on the specifics but i'd assume that's how it works.

though i'd suspect they'd rarely recover much (if any) of the cost from the unregistered driver due to unregistered drivers more often than not being complete bums (see OP for reference).
09:00am 16/11/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1572 posts
Yeah... the whole thing worked out cheaper for me back home than it did here in the US. Clearly there's a lack of understanding that the rego includes registration and minimum insurance. Any half decent insurance over here is an absolute killer thanks to the litigation happy society.

litigation happy, compared to the us, GTFO
09:17am 16/11/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11907 posts
He is talking about the US.

Be sneaky and get your car rego'd in Victoria where it is cheaper...
10:16am 16/11/11 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
895 posts
I just recently (read: Monday) moved an unregistered vehicle.
The fine is up to $1100 and 3 points off your licence.
Cost me $50 for CTP for one day and $29 for the day permit to move the vehicle.
why did I pay?

Well, let's do a *rough* estimation of a hospital bill if you injure someone and they decide to sue you. If they go a private consultation, their insurance company is going to hit you up big time.

ICU bed, per day: $5000 + Any operations. Most simple operations you're looking anywhere from $6,000-$15,000 including Surgeon, Theatre Time, Anaesthetist, Anaesthetic Drugs etc.

Then we have the regular ward bed. Funded at $1000 a day; that is just the bed and staff wages. Does not include consumables such as antibiotics (Ranges anywhere from $30/day up to $1000+ a day depending on antibiotic and frequency) dressing changes. (With broken bones and compound fractures its entirely possible to end up with negative pressure wound therapy.... Those machines are $5000 each and each dressing is about $200+)...

Righto, pelvic fracture (type/severity depending) automatic minimum 6 to 8 weeks bed rest +/- external fixation before +/- internal fixation pending # type.
Followed up by a further 4-6 weeks before full mobility and rehabilition can *really* commence.
(Are the dollars $$$$ in your eyes yet?). Then there are ongoing physiotherapy costs after hospitalization, follow up appointments etc.

We haven't even considered scans, diagnostics etc.

Hospital bills can very, very quickly reach hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Without registration (no CTP insurance) YOU are liable for all expenses incurred to any injury caused to another person whilst you are in operation of that vehicle.

Your choice, pay the money for CTP/Registration or risk those costs listed above, it's your life.
I didn't think it was worth the risk knowing the potential costs, not even for a day.

Not to mention, if you're unregistered, even if someone at fault causes an accident into you. I have a feeling you may be held responsible, as legally you weren't/shouldn't have been there anyway. someone else would probably know that better.
Car insurance probably wouldn't cover you either as the car is unregistered, so you'd be liable for any damages.

The original post has to be a fishing attempt, nobody could be that stupid.

last edited by Mephz at 11:15:16 16/Nov/11
11:07am 16/11/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4148 posts
The original post has to be a fishing attempt, nobody could be that stupid.

I thought so too, but if that's the case the rest of that post has to be the equivalent of landing a blue marlin!
11:24am 16/11/11 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
11260 posts
Interesting that you can do that Mephz (permit to move an unregistered vehicle). Did you do it through the motor registry?
11:29am 16/11/11 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
897 posts
I had a headache getting it done mate.
I went to DOT for the permit. Told I needed a class 22 CTPA letter.
Went home, called RACQ, they said I *HAD* to go into a center.

So I went to the center and got the Class 22. (which is just CTPA for a day).
Then had to go back to DOt and show the letter and pay for the permit.

I originally thought that because you pay your registration with the DOt and it includes CTPA that you'd be able to purchase the 1-day CTPA at the same time.... not so!

I also tried police station, they can also issue permits to move vehicle but you also need that CTPA letter.

11:34am 16/11/11 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8070 posts
11:43am 16/11/11 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5678 posts
fite da powah!
11:46am 16/11/11 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
18949 posts
This is the reason I got rid of my v8. over $1000 a year to register. Got myself a turbo 4 cyl, uses as much fuel, goes better around corners (coz straight lines are for noobs) and costs half as much to register. Win Win (unless you need a truck for work but then why not claim that s*** on tax?)

Interesting that you can do that Mephz (permit to move an unregistered vehicle). Did you do it through the motor registry?

I did it a couple of times for cars I'd bought unrego'd. As far as I know you have to have a valid reason for wanting to drive it, like it has to be going to an inspection place or to the DMV. You can't just get a permit to go to the shops. Also I was told you had to take the most direct route there so no mountain run on the way (unless you live in the mountains).

It does get interesting when you go for fuel though, I had the attendant come out and stand beside me while I filled up (no plates on the car) hehe
02:55am 18/11/11 Permalink
Chakas
USA
3420 posts
litigation happy, compared to the us, GTFO

?

And

So:

He is talking about the US.

04:14am 18/11/11 Permalink
Pieman
Brisbane, Queensland
70 posts
I am going to be slightly pedantic because there are some strange figures getting thrown around in this thread.

the maximum penalty for driving an unregisterd vehicle (Section 11 of the TORUM - vehicle registration reg) is 80 penalty units or a theoretical $8000

the maximum penalty for driving an uninsured vehicle (Section 20 of the Motor Accident Insurance Act) is also 80 penalty units or $8000

in my experience most first offenders get somewhere around a $300 fine from the magistrate for both combined.

Police can issue tickets for unregistered vehicles (less then 30 days) but there is no ticket for driving an uninsured vehicle which is why after the 30 days it becomes a court date.

the second offence of unregistered + uninsured in a 3 year period is an automatic 48 hour impound (regardless who owns the vehicle), third offence and Police will apply for a 3 month impoundment, fourth offence and Police apply to have the car forfeited to the state (up to the Magistrate to grant)
08:03pm 18/11/11 Permalink
csirac
Brisbane, Queensland
2486 posts
I had a headache getting it done mate.
I went to DOT for the permit. Told I needed a class 22 CTPA letter.
Went home, called RACQ, they said I *HAD* to go into a center.

So I went to the center and got the Class 22. (which is just CTPA for a day).
Then had to go back to DOt and show the letter and pay for the permit.

I originally thought that because you pay your registration with the DOt and it includes CTPA that you'd be able to purchase the 1-day CTPA at the same time.... not so!

I also tried police station, they can also issue permits to move vehicle but you also need that CTPA letter.

If I were you, I would of just arranged a tow. $250 gets you pretty far.
03:44am 19/11/11 Permalink
Zylox
Brisbane, Queensland
1514 posts
The fine used to be double the registration costs. So the $1100 Mephz mentioned sounds spot on.
05:34pm 19/11/11 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
17970 posts
And when you go to jail, you get sodomised. Think about it...
05:58pm 19/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
4129 posts
Just drove my unregistered car to work :( Stupid trains were running late, and had to open, so had no choice but to drive. Irony is, I'm registering it on Monday.
06:17pm 19/11/11 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
33513 posts
since you got that tatt, you've gone all badass
08:30pm 19/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
4134 posts
I know! Next I'll be hitting b******.
09:52pm 19/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
4143 posts
On a somewhat related note, I've registered my car now, am I able to drive it or do I have to wait for sticker?
05:11pm 20/11/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8205 posts
Be sneaky and get your car rego'd in Victoria where it is cheaper..

yeah wtf is up with this? my mate lived in vic for 6months and got a vic licence, now he can purchase a 10yr licence renewal for less than i can get a 5yr one in qld :/

+ his rego for his v8 is less than my 4cylinder .... go qld and their exorbitant taxes
05:30pm 20/11/11 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
1669 posts
Just keep your receipt in the glove box, in case you get pulled over, you can drive as soon as you've paid it. I'd say the number plate system they use is updated swiftly, I've never been pulled over or questioned about expired rego once they do their checks.
06:00pm 20/11/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1591 posts
it isn't a fair to compare the "rego" cost to Vic, mainly because our "rego" fees are lumped in with our CTP, so the other states look cheaper

however compare the cost of his CTP AND his rego, and see how it compares
06:04pm 20/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
4145 posts
Yeah, Queensland actually lumps CTP and Rego, which really saves a headache. Would rather be here then in Vic. And thanks mental.
06:51pm 20/11/11 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
1670 posts
^not for new registrations, I had to get a roadworthy, then go to racq to get ctp, then take it all and registration forms to qld transport to register an unregistered car.

It's still bundled with re-registration though, which is handy but pissed me off when I went to do the same for the new car (the places are not close together).
06:57pm 20/11/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4615 posts
Just drove my unregistered car to work :( Stupid trains were running late, and had to open, so had no choice but to drive. Irony is, I'm registering it on Monday.
How is that irony? Thats just some things that happened to you.
Just keep your receipt in the glove box, in case you get pulled over, you can drive as soon as you've paid it.
But what about driving with an expired sticker? Can they fine you for that, because I get a bit lazy and pay my rego online the day it's due, and end up waiting a week for the sticker, so while i am registered, i still have my old sticker on for a week or so.
07:09pm 20/11/11 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
1671 posts
Yeah rip off the expired sticker or they can charge you for that.
07:13pm 20/11/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4858 posts
in my experience most first offenders get somewhere around a $300 fine from the magistrate for both combined

Your experience is wrong, I let mine lapse and the week after it was due after not driving it for months, I decided to go for a drive to pick up some stuff, and i got pulled over. Rego was expired, 80 dollar tow, 1200 fine for unregistered and uninsured from cops. When it went to court, it was reduced to 900.

I was a studnet, it wasn't the top of my mind.

This time, rego due 18th, paid it on the 17th after a long-overdue invoice was paid.
07:38pm 20/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
4147 posts
True, but then wouldn't you get fined for NOT having a rego sticker? Even if you've paid? Sounds like I should just wait for the sticker to play it safe :S Luckily living up here in Brisbane, I don't need it as much as I did on the Gold Coast. That's why the rego went unpaid haha.
08:19pm 20/11/11 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
1672 posts
No you won't get fined for having no sticker as long as you have the receipt. They do fine for having an expired sticker though. Chances of being pulled up are very slim, and you are covered with ctp for 30 days after rego has expired anyway. So as long as you have paid, take your old sticker off and have the receipt handy, don't sweat it.
08:28pm 20/11/11 Permalink
Boxhead
Brisbane, Queensland
12258 posts
The cops will just visually inspect your car first, ticking s*** off in their mind as the go, Unobstructed license plate, valid rego sticker, legal height, brake lights etc etc... they wont goto their computer and hold you up if they don't think they're going to get anything from you... eg if you've got an old sticker and you play the 'i've paid it, just waiting for it in the mail' then they'll go check the computer to see if thats true if you can't produce a reciept...
08:29pm 20/11/11 Permalink
sleepy
2112 posts
True, but then wouldn't you get fined for NOT having a rego sticker? Even if you've paid? Sounds like I should just wait for the sticker to play it safe :S Luckily living up here in Brisbane, I don't need it as much as I did on the Gold Coast. That's why the rego went unpaid haha.

you can get fined for leaving a sticker on though.
if its out of date.

if you have paid rego and waiting for a sticker. you have to take the old sticker off when it expires.

08:38pm 20/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
4151 posts
All cool then. Thanks for the help!
08:50pm 20/11/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1593 posts
okay, so without CTP, and using melb postcode (as the rego changes according to where the car is based, unlike brisbane) and basing it on my old girl (the car that is)

rego in VIC $641.50
rego in QLD $492.30

interestingly QLD asked for the amount of cylinders, while VIC didn't so I'm guessing the fee changes based on post code, where in QLD it is based on cylinders/rotors

(also, out of interest here are the following costs based on cyclinders in QLD again, this is without the CTP portion
1 - 3 = $269.05
4 = $328.90
5 = $429.30
6 = $492.30
8 = $669.8
10 - 12 = $777.10

and rotors
1 - 2 = $328.90
3+ = $492.30 (it let me select upto 12 rotors, which would fly, and use fuel at the rate of an aircraft), I think the most rotors in a car engine is 4, and that was a race car, other than that 3 would be the most surely?
10:53pm 20/11/11 Permalink
ElDubya
Brisbane, Queensland
561 posts
Yeah, a triple rotor is a 20B. Never seen a quad rotor.

12:23am 21/11/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5137 posts
Cylinders are indeed the big decider for cost in QLD.

I've been pulled up for a out of date sticker before, had the print out from online Rego renewal though and they were cool with that. I think the 2nd cop did check it on the computer as well.
08:52am 21/11/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:52am 21/11/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.