Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Red Bull special edition cans
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15462 posts
Just picked up all three cans from a local cafe in Albion of Lime, Cranberry, and Blueberry. So far only tried the Lime but it's quite good!

http://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/265897_10150994326815728_1299674816_o.jpg

Old thread deleted because I dun goofed, and messed up the image resolution (stupid can't edit after 15 minutes)
02:45pm 27/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:45pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2748 posts
I preferred the old pic dimensions.
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5508/gooft.jpg

I dont drink energy drinks but i tried that blue V a while ago when a mate had some and quite enjoyed the different flavour.
02:50pm 27/08/12 Permalink
no you hang up
Brisbane, Queensland
2242 posts
There was one of the red cans in the fridge door at home. I thought it was Coke. Found out it was Red Bull and its been sitting there ever since. Lol at people who drink energy drinks. How do the rest of us do it?
03:25pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6012 posts
How do the rest of us do it?

They have coffee instead.
03:28pm 27/08/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10113 posts
Team coffee signing in.

Haven't been posting much today because of a coffee spill, and how hard it is to place a umart order without a working keyboard, and the fact they sell PS2 keyboards bundled with a USB mouse so you misread it and have to go back....
03:43pm 27/08/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
767 posts
Mann vs Machine edition? :P
04:03pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2750 posts
I lol @ the people that require coffee/energy drinks to function. While i think coffee is the lesser of the two evils (high sugar content in the energy drinks makes em worse IMO), i know far too many people that rely on a number of caffeine hits to see them through their day. However, I love my high dose caffeine before training but thats a different scenario.
04:06pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5176 posts
However, I love my high dose caffeine before training but thats a different scenario.

lol
04:19pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2751 posts
lol

Trust me bro, it is. And if you dont know why, im not gunna explain the reasons but consider it like this:
Drinking 3L of water spaced over the day has a different effect upon the body compared to drinking 3L within a 10min time frame.
04:21pm 27/08/12 Permalink
taggs
6041 posts
ok bro
04:27pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5177 posts
The reasons don't interest me, just chuckling at the "my caffeine hit is better than your caffeine hit" high ground.
04:29pm 27/08/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3124 posts
I lol @ the people that require coffee/energy drinks to function. While i think coffee is the lesser of the two evils (high sugar content in the energy drinks makes em worse IMO), i know far too many people that rely on a number of caffeine hits to see them through their day. However, I love my high dose caffeine before training but thats a different scenario.

I found spacing my 3 - 14 coffees at a steady rate thru the day is a good measure,

also, coke is good if there is no kettle, or only s*** coffee available

(during the floods I did a three day stretch in op's and a few difficult jobs, it (caffeine hit) was needed at least one serve per hour)
04:35pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2752 posts
I didnt say my caffeine hit was better and it certainly wasnt meant to sound like it was coming from high ground. Surely you can understand the difference between people that have a few caffeine hits daily compared to a clinically proven high dose caffeine prior to weight training? I have nothing against occasional caffeine use to combat fatigue but regular, multiple daily doses builds resistance which then requires more and more to get the same result.
04:39pm 27/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21300 posts
I didnt say my caffeine hit was better and it certainly wasnt meant to sound like it was coming from high ground
So "I lol @ the people that require coffee/energy drinks to function" wasn't meant to sound like it was coming from high ground? I think you need to attend some social interaction classes.
04:50pm 27/08/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3742 posts
I have nothing against occasional caffeine use to combat fatigue but regular, multiple daily doses builds resistance which then requires more and more to get the same result.

for weight training, I thought you'd get "resistance" with coffee too? I take 1,3 DMAA before my workouts but I cycle it cause my body gets used to it which sucks :(
04:51pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5178 posts
I understand Dav0 was just trying to say that caffeine targeted and in moderation is better than a lot of it and all the time.

It's all relative. I have 2-3 coffee cups per day but I see guys at work who down multiple 500ml Mother drinks per day and to me that looks scary. Some would keep going except for the fact that beyond a certain point they start to get hand tremors.
04:52pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2753 posts
I think you need to attend some social interaction classes.

Meh, whatever bro, all im seeing is a bunch of bads who probably drink too much caffeine and are butthurt cause i called em out. Like i care what some guys on the internet think of me based on their interpretations of my written comments. You understand the flawed concept of interpreting attitude/emotion through written text right?

Yeah martz, i cycle my preworkout caffeine. Try for 2 months on, 1 month off. Off workouts suck. You know DMAA has been banned AFAIK? Hope you stocked up beforehand. And yeah, resistance to caffeine occurs no matter what the source.
04:59pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
12978 posts
A cup of coffee or two a day is better for you then having none, allegedly.

Coffee is the elixir of Kings, I can understand if you are too lowly to truly appreciate the Nectar of Gods.
05:03pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2754 posts
A cup of coffee or two a day is better for you then having none, allegedly.

Yeah, pretty sure there is research that has shown a reasonable dose daily of caffeine helps maintain long term brain function and lessens the chance of certain brain disorders. I honestly have never seen the appeal in the taste of coffee.
05:13pm 27/08/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1233 posts
Sorry Dav0 but all I can think of is Sean Astin's character from 50 First Dates, "It'th not Juisshthe it'th a protein shake".

Dazhel has it tho. Too much of anything is 'bad for you', life is all about balance.
05:15pm 27/08/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
768 posts
I generally have my morning coffee and post lunch coffee. I don't need it at all and can go without it but I just enjoy a morning coffee and it's a nice kick starter.
05:35pm 27/08/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3743 posts
You know DMAA has been banned AFAIK? Hope you stocked up beforehand.

yeah got a stash at home, should last me for a couple years :) after that I'll just down caffeine pills. Caffeine though does barely f*** all to me. I can drink coffee, coke, energy drinks you name it and I can go to sleep straight after. I hate taste of coffee too. My wife though, she'll have a coffee in the morning and she's buzzing all day long. If she has it too late in the morning, she won't be able to fall asleep at night till late. so lucky :(
05:49pm 27/08/12 Permalink
no you hang up
Brisbane, Queensland
2243 posts
Coffee at 10a.m if at all. I used to drink heaps of caffeine, but once i stopped, i found i had heaps more energy in general.
06:08pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8974 posts
I honestly have never seen the appeal in the taste of coffee.

me also, the smell of coffee is horrible.

I can drink coffee, coke, energy drinks you name it and I can go to sleep straight after

i can also have a can of coke directly before bed and fall straight asleep :/
06:11pm 27/08/12 Permalink
no you hang up
Brisbane, Queensland
2246 posts
^ Coke yes. Not any others though. Even tea keeps me up.
06:14pm 27/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21301 posts
You understand the flawed concept of interpreting attitude/emotion through written text right?
Not really. Authors make a lot of money that way.
06:29pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34172 posts
i rofl heartily at your pathetic attempts to get a rush.

when im smoking my ice pipes, now, thats an energy hit.

pretty sure its zero sugar too, so is quite a healthy option.
07:00pm 27/08/12 Permalink
deeper
Brisbane, Queensland
4122 posts
Caffeine s*** talking aside, I just drink Red Bull cause I like the taste of it. Probably shouldn't like it cause I'd imagine it's crap for my health.

I picked up the red and blue cans today, both were tasty. Was thinking that they'll mix well with vodka or gin also. Especially the red one (cranberry).

Blueberry one wasn't bad, haven't tried lime yet.

I'm a fan of the can aesthetically too (bet you are glad you know that now).

Might get a case of the cranberry ones to keep for special occassion mixed drinks. Time to look up cranberry c***tails.
07:51pm 27/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21303 posts
That's crantastic deeper.
07:52pm 27/08/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3127 posts
gin goes with tonic and maybe lime slice, it is my go to drink (I love a good gin)

but vodka and cranberry is nice
08:01pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2756 posts
Awesome pic jerry. Im yet to see larger than 500ml cans in Aus but ive seen a pic of some from NZ and saw plenty in the USA when i was there 2yrs ago.

Caffeine though does barely f*** all to me.

Try a bigger dose. Ive read about research backed doses of 5-10mg/kg bodyweight taken before strength training. I take 400mg straight as a pickup if needed on easy days like shoulder/chest or 600mg with DMAA or 800-1000mg straight on big days like legs/deadlift. Problem is the USA preworkouts dont specify the caffeine contained so its trial and error to find the optimum dose if you add extra. Also, if you are really desperate, go caffeine free for few months. A few years ago i went caffeine free for 12months after being on high caffeine preworkout supps 4x a week for far too long.

Not really. Authors make a lot of money that way.

Yeah, cause that totally applies to most of us.
10:12pm 27/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21306 posts
My point was it is possible to read in to attitude and emotion simply through text. When someone goes 'I lol @ the people that require coffee/energy drinks to function' and then continues on with their caffeine plan (while also doing their tenth daily mention of how much I workout bro) it is pretty obviously someone trying to be smug and taking the high ground. You must do it accidentally or something.
10:21pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2759 posts
Of course its possible but i think that only applies when a person makes the effort to do so. I think an author would spend a f***load more time on a post compared to the time i spend, or what i assume most of us spend. I string words n sentences together, check to see i think it makes sense and i havent f***ed up you/youre etc and post. I honestly dont spend any time considering how other people might interpret what i post. As a general rule i try not to post in an offensive/rude etc manner unless i feel somebody has done so regarding something i posted.

With regards to my 'I lol @ the people that require coffee/energy drinks to function' its not that i look down on them but rather i wish they would realise that by doing so its likely to be a 'bad' habit for their health and could be causing detrimental health effects over a period of time. Also, if somebody needs coffee numerous times a day to keep them awake despite having a quality 8hrs sleep a night it could be an indicator that something is wrong with their health (iron or b12 deficiency might be possible) and rather than a bandaid caffeine solution, it would be wise to talk to a qualified professional about their health.

Im studying nutrition so diet is my thing that i like to learn about. I certainly am no expert or anything and am keen to learn more about pretty much any nutrition related. Like most things, i think there are pros and cons to coffee. 1 cup a day i dont see the problem but i do think people need to realise the possible health issues with having numerous caffeine hits daily.

I hope that explained things better. Also, lol @ tenth daily mention of how much i train. Its at least 20.
10:42pm 27/08/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15463 posts
I'm a fan of the can aesthetically too (bet you are glad you know that now).
Yeah they are pretty classy
11:58pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
9 posts
My point was it is possible to read in to attitude and emotion simply through text. When someone goes 'I lol @ the people that require coffee/energy drinks to function' and then continues on with their caffeine plan (while also doing their tenth daily mention of how much I workout bro) it is pretty obviously someone trying to be smug and taking the high ground. You must do it accidentally or something.

I read this as 'smug'. :D
11:21pm 28/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21321 posts
I read you as Door.
11:26pm 28/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
10 posts
I read you as Door.

Tag! You're it! :D
11:42pm 28/08/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2176 posts
I quite like the fact that every new tard on these forums is Door, it makes the world an easier place to understand and accept.
12:02am 29/08/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20494 posts
Trust me bro, it is. And if you dont know why, im not gunna explain the reasons but consider it like this:Drinking 3L of water spaced over the day has a different effect upon the body compared to drinking 3L within a 10min time frame.

yeah, one is normal, the other is unhealthy. 3L of water in 10 minutes? LOL @ that s***.
12:05am 29/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2773 posts
Lol whoop. Bet you i can do 3L of water, within 10mins, and not suffer any adverse health effects. Will film and post on youtube for proof if you're willing to lay down some money. $50?
12:46am 29/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21322 posts
Count me in for $10.
01:08am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
11 posts
Lol whoop. Bet you i can do 3L of water, within 10mins, and not suffer any adverse health effects. Will film and post on youtube for proof if you're willing to lay down some money. $50?

You're willing to throw in the filming AND youtube upload for free? Sounds like a great deal!
01:09am 29/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2774 posts
Count me in for $10.

Really? Sweet. Lets get a few more people who think i cant do it to lay down some cash n ill post the vid tomorrow.
01:12am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2146 posts
I can't stand coffee breath. a customer yesterday I was talking to him fine then he went and had a coffee and it smelt like someone just took a dump in his mouth it made me dry reach.
01:24am 29/08/12 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1662 posts
I do a small morning coffee from a place that makes good coffee, that's about it.

Have to say, I feel especially sick after big nights out that have loads of red bull involved.
01:31am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
12 posts
I can't stand coffee breath. a customer yesterday I was talking to him fine then he went and had a coffee and it smelt like someone just took a dump in his mouth it made me dry reach.

"I am absolutely too precious to encounter foul odour! The general populous revolt my heightened senses!"

People smell, dude - they're animals. It's no ones fault (but your own) that your job requires you to stand within a distance odour should pass and offend you.
01:33am 29/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21323 posts
You always overreact to posts in the most pretentious way possible Door. It's your defining characteristic (along with multiple forum accounts, lying about phds and just generally being a sad deranged f***).
01:58am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
13 posts
I am fpot I have phd in door investigation! Teehee!
02:18am 29/08/12 Permalink
Framdley
Wynnum, Queensland
6 posts
lol glad we're not roommates. fpot would bash us both.
02:20am 29/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21324 posts
multiple forum accounts
02:22am 29/08/12 Permalink
Framdley
Wynnum, Queensland
7 posts
multiple forum accounts

oh replying so quick! he must like you a lot! *giggles!* <3

*wait it's 2:30 in the morning and youre still replying on a wednesday so if you are not on a weeklong holiday on a laptop i feel real sorry for you tryin to get the best of us lol

last edited by Framdley at 02:32:31 29/Aug/12
02:25am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
14 posts
Shhhhhh. Don't you understand how respected fpot is within this forums? Not even a forum regular would create an account just to prove a point and laugh with a select few.
02:41am 29/08/12 Permalink
Framdley
Wynnum, Queensland
8 posts
i know i know. he is a qgl journalist and everyone has his back. He is not the sorta guy ppl would laugh at on mirc
02:46am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
15 posts
Wait. fpot thinks Mpskip is Door too?

I can't even make this s*** up. How many Doors hurt your feelings on a daily basis, fpot? How does your brain figure this out to make sense?
04:26am 29/08/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2178 posts
As Door-crazy as fpot is, I definitely wouldn't have put it past Door/you to be psycho enough to make 3+ new accounts and then have conversations with himself/yourself at 3 in the morning just to try pretend that it wasn't him/you...
06:49am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
16 posts
Me too! What a freak.
07:00am 29/08/12 Permalink
Framdley
Wynnum, Queensland
10 posts
i want to hear what fpot says about this

he should make it his priority and put his detective hat on
07:02am 29/08/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17142 posts
I lol @ the people that require coffee/energy drinks to function.

me too, lol heartily when i see these little dweebs at 7am in the morning with their massive can of bulls***
07:46am 29/08/12 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20807 posts
I don't drink coffee or energy drinks. I used to have one can of coke a day, but have cut that out.

I drink the odd cup of tea, maybe 2 or 3 a week - usually on weekends with breakfast.

Other then that, I am just awesome.
08:06am 29/08/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2764 posts
I have a coffee most mornings but if I drink one in the afternoon I can kiss going to sleep at a reasonable time goodbye.

I don't touch red bull anymore, not that I ever tried it much in the first place. Used to think it was awesome that they had taurine in it as I watched a doco years ago about old man Clint Eastwood claiming it as one of the reasons he hadn't died of extreme old age yet. It's actually given me a couple of small nose bleeds though, which is pretty f*****g scary.
08:07am 29/08/12 Permalink
Dothtin
17 posts
Um. High blood pressure results in nose bleeds. If caffeine causes nose bleeds, it's crazy high already and you should probably get it checked...
08:47am 29/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2775 posts
Yeah, taurine is meant to be some pretty good s***.

No response from whoop yet but im still interested in downing 3L of water within 10mins if i can get enough people to bet i cant do it.
09:26am 29/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:26am 29/08/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.