Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Nintendo Direct E3 2021 - All The Major Game Reveals and Info
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
8256 posts
We bring you all the major reveals from the E3 2021 Nintendo Direct. So, did we get to see The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4? Well, one out of two ain’t bad.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Announced two years ago, ahead of today there was very little we actually knew about The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 (the working title is ‘Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’). Not that we now know a whole heap, as we’re talking about a pretty quick 1:20 or so of game footage -- we do get to see Link explore and glide around structures that sit amongst the clouds above Hyrule. That is, floating cities and the like. Yeah, it’s the sort of addition that feels truly exciting -- and adds to the already impressive freedom and scope found in the original. Visually this also looks like a cut above, with the painterly look dialled up some with characters and objects and things like castle walls (Hyrule Castle baby) packing some serious detail. Oh, and we also got a release window - 2022.

Metroid Dread

No Metroid Prime 4, boo. But wait, what’s this? The first side-scrolling Metroid title in 19 years? Metroid Dread follows on from Metroid Fusion where a faster, more agile Samus descends upon planet ZDR after the Galactic Federation picks up mysterious signals. Samus’ arrival reveals a planet being overrun by an alien menace, while DNA extracting robots called E.M.M.I. have become corrupt and are now hunting Samus down. As with any great Intergalactic Bounty Hunter story though, it’s time to find those new E.M.M.I. countering skills and upgrades to take down all threats and work out what’s really going on, on planet ZDR. Metroid Dread is out this October 8 on Nintendo Switch.

Head Here For Our Full Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Wrap-Up!
03:32am 16/06/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:32am 16/06/21 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
17140 posts
Ooooo! I managed to survive this timeline long enough for Link to eclipse the plumber.

No Prime is a bummer.

Is it just me, or are side scrollers somehow less compelling these days? I haven't been able to get into one for a few years now, even this one looks pretty cool but I still kind of slide past it in a wave of meh.
08:38am 16/06/21 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
8257 posts
Agreed... but this looked better as the trailer went on... and the last one was that remake of the game boy game...
10:57am 16/06/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:57am 16/06/21 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.