Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Far Cry 6 Hands-On Preview and Developer Interview
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
9013 posts
If you're jockeying for a familiar ride, Far Cry 6 might just take you down a path of familiarity. It definitely plays like a traditional Far Cry outing -- large open-world, super-villain-esque err... villain. Big guns. Big explosions. Co-op. Lots of vehicles -- the works. But beneath that familiar sheen lies a number of small things designed to freshen up the experience, and to potentially change it in fundamental ways.

How do we know this? Well, not only have we played the game, we also had a chance to chat with the game's lead gameplay designer, David Grivel about what we played.

Here's a snippet:
“So I like that we have these ingredients, because now chaos is either something that you want to embrace -- and we have many systems for you to do so -- or you can decide to holster your weapon and not be the centre of attention,” David says. “And that's the first time [we’ve done] this in this brand. And I'm saying, just to finish, that this ties to the guerilla [side of the game], because in my mind, guerilla warfare is usually about ambushing. And if you holster your weapon, now you have... as the player you have the autonomy, you have the agency to trigger combat when you feel like it."
Click here for our hands-on preview and developer interview feature.
02:07am 01/09/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.